To God belongs the earth and all it contains, the world and all who live there. (Psalm 24:1)
In the Environmental Encyclical, Laudato Si', Pope Francis refers to the Earth as "our common home". Our mission is to lead change to repair and improve the environmental footprint of our Mary Queen common home.
- Spirituality and faith are an integral part of the effort, particularly in guidance from Laudato Si'.
- Teams: Education, Events, Finance, Administrative, Recycle, Parish Operations, Technical, Transportation, Power and Utilities.
- Identify and prioritize areas of waste and environmental impact in parish operations.
- Implement projects that create more sustainable operations and technology.
- Provide communication and education, including information on how to be environmental Good Stewards at home.
- Have a positive impact on the lives of future generations and assist the poor, who are adversely impacted by negative impacts to the Earth's environment.
- Meet 1-2 times per month
- Project identification, cost estimates and implementation
- Special events to emphasize our efforts, have fun and raise funds
- Educational material and education events for Sustainability
- Communication efforts to support the overall effort
- Annual Earth Day Celebration (April)
- Annual Blessing of the Animals (October)
- Annual Feast of St. Francis (October)
- Core team volunteers to lead projects, events, recycle, communications and education
- Supporting volunteers are not committed to meetings or projects and simply receive an e-mail every 1-2 months
||Bill Clark~ email@example.com ~ 979-235-7463
||First Thursday of the Month (primary) - 6:30 - 9:00 PM and Third Wednesday of the Month (optional) - 6:45 - 8:30 PM
||Thursday Meeting - Room 110/Library and Wednesday Meeting - La Salette Hall
Mary Queen Catholic Church - Friendswood, Texas
Last Updated: May 5, 2016